Randwick is alive with Christmas spirit and is choc-a-bloc full of fun events that the whole family can enjoy.
It’s a wonderful time of year to get a little closer to your community and share the Christmas cheer with the unique individuals that make up our City of Randwick.
Whether you’re rocking around the Christmas tree at the carols, creating something special at Santa’s Workshop or immersing yourself in Indigenous culture at the Blak Markets, there’s something for everyone.
So throw on the Santa hat and write these dates into your diary, because we’re sure you won’t want to miss any of these special events.
Carols in Randwick City
Matraville Carols by Candlelight
- When: Saturday 8 Dec 2018
- Time: 5pm - 9pm
- Location: Barwon Park, Matraville
- This event is very special. It's about celebration, Lets celebrate together in peace enjoying great local talent.
- Cost: Free Event
Carols by the Sea
- When: Saturday 8 December
- Time: 6pm - 10pm
- Location: Grant Reserve, Coogee
- Organised by local churches.
Christmas Carols and Street party
- When: Sunday 9 December
- Time: 4pm - street party, 6pm - carols
- Location:St Luke's Anglican Church
- Address: Cnr Varna Street and Arden Street Clovelly
South Maroubra Christmas Party
- When: Sat 15 December
- Time: 2pm-5pm
- Location: South Maroubra Village Green
- Address: Cnr Malabar Road and Meagher Avenue, Maroubra
- When: Sunday 16 Dec 2018
- Time: 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Location: Goldstein Reserve, Coogee Beach
Coogee Beach and Maroubra Beach are now homes to two new sparkling Christmas trees. measuring 6 metres high and with 150m of LED lights and decorations, they add festive cheer to the iconic locations. Make sure you see them lit up at night!
Events for kids
Christmas Craft for Kids
- When: Thu 13 Dec 2018
- Time: 03:45 PM - 04:45 PM
- Location: Malabar Community Library, Matraville
- Address: 1203 Anzac Parade, Matraville
- Drop in after school and have some fun creating Christmas cards and craft to give to family and friends. All craft materials will be provided.Appropriate for kids in Years K-6 at school.
- Cost: Free
3D Christmas Crackers
- When: Thu 13 Dec 2018
- Time: 03:30 PM - 05:00 PM
- Location: Lionel Bowen Library, Maroubra
- Address: 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra
- Cost: This is a free event. Bookings essential online.
- This fun, after-school session gives kids an overview of the process of 3D design and printing. Make a fun little toy or novelty to stuff in your Christmas cracker!
Council supports community Christmas street parties by funding and facilitating road closures, public liability insurance and traffic control. Supporting street parties helps build a sense of community and ensures the parties are as safe and enjoyable as possible. Residents are encouraged to apply early for the year ahead. See here for more information.
Blak Markets Christmas Market
- When: Sun 16 Dec 2018
- Time: 10am - 4pm
- Location: Bare Island
- Address: La Perouse
- The Blak Markets will be returning to Bare Island for a special Christmas market to celebrate its fifth birthday.
- Cost: $2.50 for adults
- This free event draws an audience from local and surrounding areas to celebrate community, family and the spirit of Christmas, in a park next to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world for a relaxed night of fun for everyone to enjoy.
Randwick Council has been a supporter of Sydney Children's Hospital Lights For Kids campaign. Randwick Council residents can spread joy to children in Hospital by decorating their homes in Christmas lights and raise money for the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation at the same time. To participate, decorate your home with Christmas lights, register your address here and watch as your lights brighten the lives of sick children.
Christmas Day rubbish collection
Due to early waste transfer station closure on Christmas Day, garbage and recycling bin collection will commence one hour earlier (5am instead of 6am) in all zones scheduled for collection on Tuesday 25 December 2018.Back to top