To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, Council is taking a number of public health precautions including closing many of our facilities. In addition, many Council events and activities are cancelled. Please visit our COVID-19 page to see what is impacted and for more details about how coronavirus is impacting Randwick City.
Road issues under Council control
Randwick City Council's role as the Roads Authority on the local and regional roads provides Council with a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Road works and maintenance
- Footpath upgrades and maintenance, including footpaths on state roads
- Kerb and gutter construction and maintenance
- Street drainage
- Signage and line marking
- Traffic management and road safety
- The level of street lighting
- Approval of works on any part of the road, including the construction of driveways
- Managing road and footpath excavations by contractors
- Managing street trees
- Street cleaning and sweeping
- Assessment of National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) Applications PDF, 485.61 KB
- Other approvals and permits
Which roads are Council roads?
Randwick City has an extensive road network that is comprised of:
- 271.1km of local roads
- 26.4km of regional roads
- 20.8km of State roads
- 3km of roads owned and controlled by the Department of Housing, Sydney Ports Authority or the Department of Lands
Council maintains the local and regional roads while other authorities are responsible for the other roads. The Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) is responsible for the road surface between kerbs on all state roads. A list of the State Roads is found below.
If you have an issue with a road and are unsure whether it belongs to the Council or another authority, please contact us.
State Roads within Randwick City
|Alison Road||Anzac Parade - Avoca Street|
|Anzac Parade||Alison Road - Beauchamp Road|
|Avoca Street||Anzac Parade - Frenchmans Road|
|Beauchamp Road||Bunnerong Road - McPherson Street|
|Botany Road||Beauchamp Road - Bunnerong Road|
|Bumborah Point Road||Botany Road - Military Road|
|Bunnerong Road||Botany Road - Gardeners Road|
|Carrington Road||Frenchmans Road - Darley Road|
|Frenchmans Road||Avoca Street - Carrington Road|
|Gardeners Road||Bunnerong Road - Tunstall Avenue|
|Rainbow Street||Anzac Parade - Avoca Street|
|Oxford Street||York Road - Lang Road|
For information regarding applications for occupancy of State and Regional Roads, please contact the Roads and Maritime Services (Transport Management Centre) on (02) 8202 2200.