Home schooling? Here's some help!
Home schooling has started again and balancing work and kids learning at home can be tricky. There are plenty of resources out there to help. In addition to study, it's important to stay active and keep your kids socially engaged with friends and the community. Here's what Council is doing to help as well as some other resources that might come in handy both now and into the future.
What is Council doing?
- The staff at DRLC are live streaming fitness classes everyday through Facebook. You can join for free just by following them on Facebook here. The classes are live for kids at 11:30am each day (Mon-Fri), but if that doesn't suit your schedule, you can watch them anytime as they're archived on their page.
- Pop-up pedal parks are still in place at Clovelly and Chifley, so head there for an after-school exercise session. Just be sure to social distance and avoid crowds.
- We're keeping the lights on at many of our outdoor sporting fields so you can fit in some late night exercise and skip the crowds.
- Don't forget to check out our What's On calendar - it lists events for all ages that are taking place online.
- Are you a library member? Our libraries have so many useful resources you can use to help your kids with school. This link will direct you to the coding, reading and learning resources on offer.
- Have a HSC student in the house or a highschool student that needs help with a particular subject? This link has amazing resources that are free if you're a library member, including feedback on essays as well as practice quizzes from Studiosity. All you need is your library number to log in.
- Looking for a bit of educational fun? This link will direct you to The Ultimate STEM Guide for Kids, while using this link you can log into National Geographic for kids with your library number.
- If your kids are finishing all the work given to them by their school and you need some more resources, this link from Australian Curriculum Lessons could help.
- Maths can be complex - if your child is struggling with something, Mr Woo's YouTube channel might be just what you need to help clarify. Mr Woo explains things clearly and simply.
- When all else fails and you (and the kids) need a little chill out time, ABC Kids has some great programs - keep track of what's on here.
Holiday activities for kids in Randwick
Randwick City Library
Library services provide a wide variety of school holiday activities for kids and teens which are held at all three branches throughout the year, including craft, movies and gaming. For further information about library activities please visit the library events calendar.
Randwick's Marine and Coastal Adventure Program
Council regularly holds activities and events throughout the year that help us all become more aware of our unique coastal environment.
The coastal activities programs include a range of free and affordable activities aimed at helping families and children of all ages discover for themselves our unique marine and coastal environment.
Check out the Marine & Coastal Program page for details and times of the activities and booking details.
Des Renford Leisure Centre
Looking for ideas to entertain the kids during the school holidays? Stop looking - Des Renford Leisure Centre has the answer! From vacation care, sports sessions to art classes there are many fun activities.Visit the School Holiday program page
Kooloora Community Centre Vacation Care
The Council, in partnership with Kooloora Community Centre and YMCA offers nine weeks of vacation care programs for children aged 5 to 12 years at Kooloora Community Centre, Bilga Crescent, Malabar. Parents interested in enrolling children to this vacation care program should in the first instance contact the Centre to enquire about availability of places on telephone (02) 9661 9160.
Des Renford Leisure Centre Holiday Program
Looking for ideas to entertain the kids during the school holidays? Stop, we have the answer! Check out what the holiday program at Des Renford Leisure Centre has to offer by way of fun activities.