Collecting donations in Randwick's public spaces
Fundraising approval allows a registered charity to collect money on footways within certain areas of the City of Randwick. There is no fee for a registered charity to apply for fundraising approval however you need to submit a Notice of Intent application form (pdf 241KB). Together with the application form, submit copies of your Public Liability Insurance up to $10 million and valid for the period of hire and the Charitable Fundraising Authority from the Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing.
Fundraising Service Providers
Fundraising Service Providers may also apply for fundraising approval. You will need to submit the Notice of Intent application form (pdf 241KB), pay the application fee of $174.00 (GST exempt) and supply copies of the following:
- Public Liability Insurance up to $10 million valid for the period of hire
- Copy of the Charitable Fundraising Authority from the Office of Liquor, Gaming & Racing for each registered charity you are representing
- Letter from each registered charity to say you are fundraising on their behalf valid for the period.
Fundraising Locations (no other locations permitted)
- Kingsford - footpath on Anzac Parade between Gardeners Road and Meeks Street
- Maroubra Junction - footpath on Anzac Parade between Boyce Road and Wise Street
- Coogee - footpath on Arden Street between Carr Street and Dolphin Street
- Randwick - footpath on Belmore Road (between High Street and Alison Road)
No fundraising is to occur without approval from Randwick City Council.
Frequency of fundraising activities
Randwick City Council has a responsibility to manage the activities in the public domain within the City of Randwick. This includes ensuring that the activities taking place are suitable and well balanced. To ensure that this objective is met Council intends to clarify the requirements for charity collections that takes place particularly in our busy shopping precincts.
Therefore the following conditions will now apply to those agencies wanting to undertake charity collections. The conditions apply from August 2012.
- A maximum of 3 fundraising activities in total can take place per shopping precinct per week. This includes requests from all charitable agencies.
- Charity collection bookings are to be made for 3 month periods - these are to align with quarterly periods i.e. January to March, April to June, July to September, and October to December.
- Due to the high demand for collections Council will attempt to balance the available opportunities across a range of charitable agencies.
Complete the Notice of Intent application form (pdf 241KB) to apply.
The City of Randwick monitors any illegal fundraising activity by requesting proof of approval. Bogus organisations or people masquerading as charitable collectors are liable for prosecution.
If you have further questions or would like to provide comment or feedback about fundraising permits, contact the City of Randwick on 1300 722 542 or firstname.lastname@example.org.