Uncover the mysteries of sustainable living
...with your class at the Randwick Sustainability Hub
Well, it's not a mystery, just common sense really. We will show you that as part of this imaginative program available to Early Childhood, Stage One, Stage Two and Stage Three teachers and students from schools in Randwick City.
We hold our lessons at Randwick Community Centre which has been transformed into the showcase Randwick Sustainability Hub. Here, you will see energy and water efficient solutions as well as the productive Permaculture Interpretive Garden. The lessons that we have developed use the features of the Hub and focus on a number of science topics.
Together, children and teachers will discover energy and water-saving technologies and how they can be part of your life.
We offer seven lessons
Early Childhood and Stage One:
- Energy: Hello Sun (1/2 day program)
- Water: Sounds like Water (1/2 day program)
- Biodiversity: Where Does Our Food Come From? (full day program).
- Water: Water our Resource (1/2 day program)
- Biodiversity: The Life Around us and Where Does Our Food Come From? (full day program).
- Energy: Electricity Rocks (full day program)
- Biodiversity: Where Does Our Food Come From? and the Living World of Seeds (full day programs).
School visits are offered as full or half-day lessons on Tuesday or Fridays for up to 2 classes or half-day programs on Wednesday or Thursday afternoon for up to 2 classes.
Find outlines and curriculum links to our four lessons on offer at the Randwick Sustainability Hub.
It is easy to book — just three easy steps. Choose your lesson/s, choose a full or half day option then book in.
Plan your excursion ahead of time. Here's all the information you need about costs, food, clothes, arriving, access, student discipline, weather and cancellations.