Cut your energy bills and emissions with the Energy Smart Cafes Program
Jointly run by Randwick, Waverley and Woollahra Councils, this free initiative is helping local cafes save money on their electricity bills and reduce carbon emissions. The program is open to the first 30 cafes who register in the Eastern Suburbs till July 2022.
What does Energy Smart Cafes involve?
Energy Smart Cafes makes it easy for your café to save electricity and money by providing free independent advice and technical support, including:
- A simple energy assessment to show you ways to reduce your equipment energy use and provide recommended cost-saving actions tailored to your cafe
- A comprehensive refrigeration health check and tune-up by an expert fridge technician that will come to your café.
- A qualified electrician to install to install timers on your coffee machine and/or hot water system to switch it off overnight when not in use and then switch it back on the next morning
- An energy price comparison of your electricity and gas bills by an independent energy broker
- Celebration and promotion activities to share your story to inspire other cafes to join the program
What are the benefits for cafes?
Energy is a major cost for cafes with many local café owners spending between $8,000 - $20,000 per year on electricity and gas. This free program will help reduce your operating expenditure and prolong the life of your equipment and save you money on your energy bills. By reducing energy consumption, you can also collectively help reduce our region’s carbon footprint.
How do you register?
Energy SMART Cafes is now open to the first 30 cafés who register, which have been operating for more than 3 years.
Please email Ale Torres on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0481 835 061