Planning strategies and controls
Local Planning framework
Proposals to build, demolish, alter or change the use of a building or land are all considered within a framework of planning strategies and controls.Randwick's local planning framework consists of the following key elements:
- Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS)
- Local Environmental Plans (LEPs)
- Development Control Plans (DCPs)
- Section 7.11 and 7.12 Development Contributions Plans
- Randwick City Plan
View the Inventory of archived LEPs.
To supplement Council's LEP and DCP, a number of Council policies may also be relevant to rezoning or development applications.
In addition, Randwick Council can provide information on zoning and planning controls via Section 10.7, previously known as Section 149, Planning Certificates .
State Planning framework
State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPP)
State Government strategies, policies and plans guide the future of Sydney and NSW which local Councils must address in their local plans. Key policies applicable in Randwick City are listed below.
The following SEPPs can be found on the NSW Legislation website under Environmental Planning Instruments:
- SEPP (Biodiversity and Conservation) 2021
- SEPP (Building Sustainability Index: BASIX) 2004
- SEPP (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008
- SEPP (Housing) 2021
- SEPP (Industry and Employment) 2021
- SEPP No. 65 - Design Quality of Residential Flat Development
- SEPP (Planning Systems) 2021
- SEPP (Precincts – Central River City) 2021
- SEPP (Precincts – Eastern Harbour City) 2021
- SEPP (Precincts – Western Parkland City) 2021
- SEPP (Primary Production) 2021
- SEPP (Resilience and Hazards) 2021
- SEPP (Resources and Energy) 2021
- SEPP (Transport and Infrastructure) 2021
A Metropolis of Three Cities – The Greater Sydney Region Plan
A Metropolis of Three Cities – The Greater Sydney Region Plan was released in March 2018 by the Greater Sydney Commission. The Plan sets the vision for Greater Sydney over the next 40 years and establishes a 20 year plan to manage growth and change across Greater Sydney in the context of social, economic and environmental matters. See A Metropolis of Three Cities – The Greater Sydney Region Plan.
Eastern City District Plan
The Eastern City District Plan was released in March 2018 by the Greater Sydney Commission. The Plan contains the planning priorities and actions for implementing A Metropolis of Three Cities – The Greater Sydney Region Plan at a district level and is a bridge between regional and local planning. See Eastern City District Plan.