Recognising outstanding community members
Nominations are now open!
There are many selfless people in Randwick who help improve the lives of others and make our City a better place to live. These quiet achievers often go unrecognised yet they contribute to our shared vision of a harmonious, strong and successful community.
The Randwick City Council Community Service Awards pay tribute to these outstanding community members and encourage others to follow their lead.
The Community Service Awards are open for nomination in three categories:
- Australia Day Community Service Award (Individual) - to be eligible, the nominee must already be 25 years or older on 26 January of the Awards year.
- Australia Day Community Service Award (Group) - only one group will be chosen as the recipient of this award.
- Australia Day Young Citizen of the Year Award - to be eligible, the person must be 16 to 24 years old on on 26 January of the Awards year.
How to nominate:
Nominate online using these links below:
- Australia Day Community Service Award (Individual) (online form)
- Australia Day Community Service Award (Group) (online form)
- Australia Day Young Citizen of the Year Award (online form)
or download the form Community Services Awards Nomination form PDF, 351.18 KB and send your completed nomination forms with the supporting documents to:
Australia Day Community Service Award
Randwick City Council 30 Frances Street
RANDWICK NSW 2031
Nominations close 5pm on Sunday 21 October 2018.
Supporting documentation to assist the judges in making their decision may also be provided with your nomination form. Supporting documentation can include items such as personal references, photographs, samples of work, portfolios, and newspaper articles.
For further information about these awards please contact the Community Development Team on 1300 722 542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards presented on Australia Day
Winners are announced at Council's annual Australia Day Civic Reception on 26 January 2019 at the Prince Henry Centre, Little Bay. See our What's on page for details of this year's event.
Here are some highlights from the 2018 civic reception with the Australia Day Ambassador Father Chris Riley.