Working for Randwick
What it's like working for Council
When people join the team at Randwick, it is more than a job, it’s a commitment to serving the community, a commitment to personal growth, a commitment to the growth of others, and a commitment to helping us reach our goals.
Regardless of position, each person is just as important as the next. With everyone giving their best and living our ICARE values (Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence) we will continue to maintain the community’s support and our reputation as a leading Council.
We value the contribution of our employees and invest in their personal and professional development in several ways. We are constantly striving for ways to recognise and reward work and commitment, be a leader in flexible work practices, support holistic wellbeing, provide a variety of career opportunities and work with our employees to identify how we can improve and do things better.
If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please apply now to join our team!
What's in it for me?
There are loads of great reasons to come and work with us:
Health & Wellbeing:
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Annual skin checks
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Leasing
- Free confidential counselling for you and your family
- Free membership to our three libraries
- Salary sacrafice options
- Generous salaries consistently above industry averages
Flexible working & Leave:
- 9-day fortnight for full-time staff
- Work from home arrangements (role permitting)
- Great leave entitlements:
- Up to 23 days annual leave
- Two days of health and wellbeing leave
- 18 weeks paid parental leave and up to two years unpaid
- Long Service leave
- 23 days sick leave
- Annual all staff conference (All Stops to Randwick)
- Monthly Lifestyle Lunches
- Monthly staff BBQs
- Social Club
Learning & Development:
- Australasian Management Challenge
- External training and conferences
- LinkedIn Learning courses
- Study assistance
- Higher duties and secondments
Reward & Recognition:
- Employee of the Month
- Length of Service Awards
- Peer recognition platform
Take a closer look into All Stops to Randwick
Council presents All Stops to Randwick each year - an employee training event focused solely on staff. It's how we strive for excellence and innovation, and it also helps us plan for the future and promote leadership development. It helps bring our diverse staff together for a fun day of learning and to focus on our goal of providing high quality services for our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe our workplace diversity and inclusion drives the innovation and collaboration that results in our high performance culture. Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Management Plan PDF, 115.19 KB and Policy PDF, 68.52 KB are an integral component of our ICARE Values (Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence).