Lots of schools want solar power but don’t know where to start
Solar my School is a free Council program to help local schools navigate a path to solar success, from start to finish.
Run as an Eastern Suburbs initiative, Solar My School provides independent support and guidance to primary and secondary schools looking to power their buildings with cheap green energy.
Already over 30 schools in our region are on their way to doing just that!
Why Solar my School?
Schools are ideal for solar because they use energy during the day when the sun is pumping out its energy-generating rays. When you can use the power at the time it’s created then it’s free!
Switching to solar energy helps reduce our local environmental impact, and also helps schools cut energy expenses.
Benefits for schools
- Free Council support and advice from go to woe
- Access to cheaper green energy
- Reduces school’s carbon footprint
- Demonstrates environmental leadership in the community
- Educational resources for students
We help with:
- A free independent solar assessment (valued at $1,000) to recommend the best size and location for solar panels
- Cost, savings and payback estimates for the system
- Advice on funding and payment options
- Support with tender and installation
- Teaching materials linked to curriculum
- Promoting your school’s solar project to your parent community and more widely
Now’s the best time to go solar!
Solar power is now more affordable than ever. There are valuable incentives available to make solar even more attractive.
So be quick,while you can access these.
Contact Nicola Saltman, Senior Environment Officer:
- Email email@example.com
- Call 9083 8023