Volunteer for our bush regeneration program
About our bush regeneration program
Randwick City Council's bush regeneration program aims to:
- Protect and manage all remnant vegetation in Council's care for biodiversity conservation.
- Provide advice to other Council officers, Councillors, other landholders and the community regarding bushland and biodiversity.
- Ensure Council complies with all legislation relating to Threatened Species, and all biodiversity related issues.
- Oversee community education on biodiversity and conservation issues.
The work we do to achieve our aims:
- Plan and implement bush regeneration programs for all the reserves containing remnant indigenous vegetation.
- Comment on any development applications that affect remnant indigenous vegetation.
- Oversee community volunteer programs.
- Plan and implement noxious and environmental weed control.
- Plan and implement feral and pest animal control.
- Develop educational programs and material.
Bushcare volunteers work with Council's Bushcare Officer on the bush regeneration program.
We work on many sites around the Randwick area:
- Removing weeds
- Planting indigenous plants
- Installing soil erosion controls
Look at our 2017 Bushcare Calendar PDF, 1049.94 KB to see when we're in an area close to you.
Parkcare volunteers work with Council's Bushcare Officer to create areas of habitat within Council parks and reserves. Parkcare volunteers plant both indigenous and Australian native plant species.
All welcome - no experience necessary
No previous experience is required to join the bushcare volunteers as all training is provided by the supervisor.
What you should bring
Just come along with:
- Sturdy shoes
- A long-sleeved shirt
- A hat
What we'll provide for you
Council supplies all volunteers with:
- Training in bush regeneration
- All tools and materials
- Morning tea
More information about Bushcare
For further information you can:
- Download the Bushcare brochure PDF, 968.42 KB
- Email the Bushcare Officer at Bushcare@randwick.nsw.gov.au
- Contact us
Aims of Bushcare
The aims of Bushcare are:
- To encourage community participation in the restoration and protection of Randwick City's remnant indigenous flora and its associated indigenous fauna.
- To encourage community stewardship of the city's remnant indigenous vegetation.
- To support the needs of the community members participating in the program.