Protect and regenerate our bushland
Bushcare involves community volunteers working with Council to protect and regenerate our natural bushland. Within Randwick we have 14 dedicated groups working at set times throughout the year, usually between 2 and 4 hours per month. Our volunteers are essential to the preservation of Randwick’s bushland.
- Bushcare groups
- 2020 Bushcare calendar PDF, 2158.61 KB
- 2020 Winter Bushland Newsletter PDF, 6528.47 KB
Bushcare for schools and companies
We also offer sessions for school students and corporate groups.
Randwick Bushcare can help arrange a fun day out for your students. It’s a great way for kids to get out of the classroom and get their hands dirty whilst learning about the importance of our local environment. There is no cost to the school and council will provide all necessary tools and equipment. Our bushland team can accommodate a maximum group size of 30 students.
Typical activities we get students involved include:
- Planting native trees
- Removing weeds
- Observing local wildlife
Corporate bushcare volunteers
Randwick Bushcare can arrange a corporate day to suit your company’s availability and team size. We supply one qualified bush regenerator for each group of 10 volunteers who will be able to guide and support your team. As such we can accommodate a maximum group of 30 volunteers.
Corporate volunteering is a great activity to get your team working together to support the conservation and rehabilitation of our natural environment. Volunteers don’t require any previous bushland experience.
A typical corporate day would include:
- Welcome, WH&S session and site briefing
- Commence activities
- Morning tea break
- Continue activities
- Pack up and thank you for attending
What to expect
A typical Bushcare session could involve:
- Native and exotic plant identification
- Hand weeding
- Woody weed removal
- Planting indigenous species
- Installation of erosion controls
- Wildlife observations.
How do I get involved?
All our Bushcare groups would love to have you join them!
To volunteer just attend one of our regular Bushcare groups and complete an onsite induction with our Bushland Officer. No experience is needed as we have activities and sites to suit all levels of participation. The Bushcare calendar lists the dates of all our groups for the year in one easy place.
A qualified supervisor is present at all group sessions and provides:
- Free training
- Technical advice
- Gloves and tools
- Morning tea
What to bring?
- Sturdy non-slip enclosed shoes
- Long sleeves and trousers
- Hat and sunglasses
- Water to drink
- Make new friends in a relaxed environment
- Enjoy beautiful coastal and bushland settings
- Increase your knowledge of local flora and fauna
- Walk away with a sense of achievement
- Gain bushland management skills
Want to know more
Call our Bushcare Officer on 9093 6708 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our Randwick City Bushcare Volunteers Facebook group page for regular updates.
- Bushland News - Autumn 2020 PDF, 2922.13 KB
- Bushland News - Summer 2020 PDF, 1467.55 KB
- Bushland News - Spring 2019 PDF, 775.83 KB
- Busland News - Winter 2019 PDF, 1018.84 KB
- Bushland News - Autumn 2019 PDF, 6614.91 KB
- Bushland News - Summer 2019 PDF, 877.86 KB
- Bushland News - Spring 2018 PDF, 1018.49 KB
- Bushland News - Winter 2018 PDF, 1018.49 KB
- Bushland News - Autumn 2018 PDF, 2965.61 KB
- Bushland News - Summer 2018 PDF, 5593.46 KB