TVs, computers and mobiles
Electronic waste or e-waste contains hazardous substances that can harm the environment and it also contributes to the amount of waste we send to landfill.
Recycling TVs and computers
Randwick City Council participates in the Television and Computer Recycling Product Stewardship Scheme and accepts the following "Scheme Sponsored" items at the Randwick Recycling Centre at 72 Perry Street, Matraville Monday to Friday 6am to 2:45pm.
- Personal and laptop computers and all cables
- Tablets, notebooks and palmtops
- Computer monitors and parts (e.g. internal hard drives and CD drives)
- Computer peripherals and accessories (e.g. mice, keyboards, web cameras, USBs and modems)
- Printers, faxes, scanners and multi-functional devices.
- All televisions.
In addition to this, Randwick City residents are able to drop off "Non Scheme" small electrical appliances at the Recycling Centre.
Toasters, kettles, microwaves, vacuum cleaners and similar small electrical appliances.
Randwick City Council participates in the MobileMuster program that provides a range of drop-off points at which you can recycle your old mobiles responsibly.
Local drop-off points include:
- Council Administration Building, 30 Frances Street, Randwick
- Bowen Library, Anzac Parade, Maroubra
- Randwick Recycling Centre, 72 Perry Street, Matraville.