Recycle plastic bags and soft plasticsRandwick City Council accepts plastic bag and soft plastics at the Randwick Recycling Centre, located at 72 Perry Street, Matraville.
Plastic bags and soft plastic packaging cannot be recycled through the kerbside yellow lid recycling bins and need to be separated for specialist recycling.
- Biscuit packaging
- Bread bags (without the tie)
- Bubble wrap (large sheets cut into A3 size pieces) Household Quantities Only
- Cereal box liners
- Citrus netting bags
- Cling film (GLAD, COLES HOME brand and WOOLWORTHS Essentials Home brand ONLY) Household quantity only.
- Confectionery packets and bags
- Courier satchels
- Chocolate and muesli bar wrappers
- Fresh produce bags
- Frozen food bags
- Newspaper and magazine wrap
- Pasta bags
- Pet food bags (chaff/horse/chicken)-both plastic and woven polypropylene types (but not woven nylon). Cut into A3 size pieces and shake free of as much product as possible
- Plastic film from grocery items such as nappies and toilet paper
- Plastic Australia Post satchels
- Reusable 'green' shopping/grocery bags
- Rice bags-both plastic and woven type (if large, cut into A3 size pieces)
- Rice, pasta, noodles and other packaging
- Shopping centre plastic bags
- Shopping/ grocery bags
- Snap lock bags / zip lock bags
- Silver lined chip and cracker packets
- Squeeze pouches with lid on (e.g. yogurt/baby food)
- Pet food bags (chaff/horse/chicken)-both plastic and woven
ALL ITEMS MUST BE EMPTY AND DRY
What happens to the soft plastics once they're collected?
Soft plastics and plastic bags collected at the Randwick Recycling Centre are picked up by our service provider. These items are then recycled into new products such as bollards, garden beds, fence posts, wheel stops, outdoor furniture, etc. This process creates a circular economy loop.