Fostering a connected, cohesive community
Randwick City Council aims to develop a sense of community through ensuring inclusiveness, wellbeing and involvement of all residents. Community Connect is an investment stream of the Community Investment Program which aims to support events, activities and projects which enrich lives of our residents and cultivate engagement, belonging and social cohesion.
- Receive up to $10,000 in financial support
- Receive in-kind support by waiving of Council venue fees
- Receive a combination of funding and in-kind support
- Not-for-profit organisations
- For-profit organisations whose proposed initiative is not for profit
- Social enterprises
- Individuals and sole traders who are Australian citizens or permanent residents aged over 18 years
- Unincorporated community groups when sponsored by a local not-for-profit or for-profit organisation (Sponsors with relevant sector experience who can support the implementation of the proposal are preferred).
Eligible projects, events or activities
Eligible project may include but are not limited to:
- Community events – for example: fun days and festivals
- Multicultural programs and events which celebrate the diverse community of Randwick and are open to the whole community
- Community sporting activities – available to spectators and/or participants.
For full details and before making an application, please read the Community Connect Guidelines PDF, 2031.97 KB
All applications are made online via SmartyGrants. If you require assistance with completing the online application, contact Council on 9093 6000 or via email@example.com. Applications for funding are accepted during open rounds only. The dates for 2023 are listed below.
|Round One - 2023||Round Two - 2023||Round Three - 2023|
|Applications Open||16 January 2023||15 May 2023||18 September 2023|
|Applications Close||19 February 2023||11 June 2023||15 October 2023|
|Assessment Period||20 February - 6 March 2023||12 - 26 June 2023||16 - 30 October 2023|
|Council Approval||28 March 2023||25 July 2023||28 November 2023|
|Investment Distribution||April 2023||August 2023||December 2023|
|Delivery Period||1 April - 30 September 2023||1 August 2023 - 31 January 2024||1 December 2023 - 31 May 2024|
|Acquittal Report Due||16 October 2023||19 February 2024||17 June 2024|