Our commitment to an accessible website
"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
- Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web.
Randwick City Council is obliged by the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 to ensure that information and services available on the Randwick City Council Internet site are available to people with a disability. In addition, Randwick City Council is committed to providing equal access to people with technical constraints such as older Internet browsers and low-speed internet connections.
To meet these commitments, Randwick City Council will undertake significant measures in order to provide web content that completely satisfies the following points:
- Full and complete adherence to the principles of accessible, interoperable and usable web design as specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
- Aim to achieve the Level Double A (AA) W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- The delivery of web pages constructed of 100% valid XHTML (eXtensible Hypertext Mark-up Language)
- The delivery of web pages styled with 100% valid CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
In situations where - for both technical reasons and to meet various legal requirements - information cannot be provided in XHTML format, documents will be provided in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF).
If you encounter accessibility difficulties with the Randwick City Council website, please inform Randwick City Council using any of the means of contact below.
Randwick City Council
30 Frances Street
RANDWICK NSW 2031
Phone: 1300 722 542