Update your name & address

Jump to:

Update your contact details with Council

Please complete a change of name and address form to change personal details such as:

  • name and title
  • contact details
  • mailing address

Property owners only the property owner, or authorised person such as a power of attorney together with supporting documentation, may request a change of address. If the property owned, is in a company name, please provide a copy of an ASIC company statement showing current directors.

Every rate account is required to retain a postal address.

Please note the legal responsibility for all associated outstanding amounts including Rates, remains, at all times, with the legal Title Owner(s) of the Property.

Property managing agents please complete the Managing Agency Details and Declaration in full, to declare you have authority to receive/collect property related information and pay rates on behalf of the owner(s). Without this declaration, the change of address request will not be processed.

There are several ways to update your name and address details with the Council. The change of name & address form can be:

Please note: we cannot change your postal address over the phone

Restrictions to changing names

If you are a property owner / ratepayer you cannot use this form to change the name that appears on your Rates Notice. This is because council records reflect the name that is held on the Certificate of Title for your land. To change your name on your Rates notice contact NSW Land Registry Services (LRS), LRS will advise Council of any name change. For further information visit NSW Land Registry Services.

Debtor accounts

If a debtor account is associated with a legal contract or lease, changes to the debtor name will require a new agreement.

Notify us when someone dies

To advise council of the loss of a loved one, and have the account marked to, the Estate of, please email council@randwick.nsw.gov.au or write to council at 30 Frances Street Randwick NSW 2031 with:

  • the complete name
  • last address of residence
  • details of property(s) owned or accounts held at council
  • and a copy of the death certificate.

OR to advise multiple Organisations at the same time (where available)

Contact the Australian Death Notification Service

We understand there are many important matters that arise after the loss of a loved one. To make this time easier for you, Randwick Council, has joined the Australian Death Notification Service.

The service allows you to notify multiple organisations of a loved one’s death so their accounts can be updated. When the deceased’s details are entered, the service validates them with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages to confirm the death has been registered.

Once the details are confirmed, you can choose which participating organisations to notify. Participating organisations include banks, superannuation funds, phone and internet companies, energy and water providers, and government authorities.

The service notifies the selected organisations and they’ll contact you as needed.

Notify the Australian Death Notification Service


Please note you will need to go into the library to validate your change of address or name change with physical documents - a recent letter or bill with the new address is acceptable. For further inquiries please call the library on 9093 6400.

Last Updated: 25 October 2022
Back to top