Why hire street banners?
Randwick City's Street Banners are located along major transport corridors like Anzac Parade and Bunnerong Road and at our world-famous beaches: Coogee Beach, Maroubra Beach and Clovelly Beach.
Interested businesses and organisations can hire street banners to market major arts, cultural activities and sporting events to an estimated 150,000 viewers daily.
Street banners activate a town centre and provide a strong visual presence that no other marketing channel can compete with.
Our beaches attract an estimated three million visitors each summer and 100,000 trips are made along Anzac Parade every day.
How to hire
- Check our banner locations in the table below to see which zones you're interested in and the associated fees
- Contact the Communications Unit on 1300 722 542 or email us to check if your requested date and zone is available
- We'll provide you with a written quote.
- If you want to proceed with the booking, you'll be issued with a tax invoice for payment.
Please note, applications to hire street banners are not confirmed until Council has sighted and approved final artwork and full payment is received.
Street banners locations
Council currently has 112 street banners. To see the detailed locations of the banners download the map:
Street banners sizes
There are three different types of street banners available for hire depending on the location you choose.
- The hirer is required to organise design and printing
- Banner poles are booked by zone and charged per pole per week
- Costs to install and dismantle banners are also charged to hirers
|Zone||Number of banners||$ Hiring charge per week (no GST chargeable)|
|1 - Randwick (Alison Park, off Alison Road)||7||$630|
|2 - Clovelly Beach||4||$360|
|3 - Coogee Bay Road & Coogee Oval car park||12||$1080|
|4 - Coogee Beach (Arden Street)||12||$1080|
|5 - Kensington (Anzac Pde & Todman Ave)||3||$270|
|6 - Maroubra Junction (Maroubra Road)||12||$1080|
|7 - Maroubra Beach (Marine Parade)||20||$1800|
|8 - Matraville (Bunnerong Road, Beauchamp Road, Perry Street)||21||$1890|
|9 - Little Bay (Pine Avenue and Ewing Avenue)||14||$1260|
|10 - Kingsford (Meeks St Plaza and Rainbow Street)||9||$810|
Please note: The above details are current as of 1 July 2022.
Installation and dismantling fees
|Number of banners||Installation/dismantling cost per banner (excl. GST)|
How to calculate your campaign costs
The cost of your banner campaign depends on the number of zones you book.
To work out the total cost:
- Add up the hiring fee of each zone you have booked
- Multiply it by the number of weeks you want your campaign to run for
- Add on your installation and dismantling fees (the fees above apply per banner)
To hire banners in Zone 2 Clovelly Beach for 3 weeks would cost $1080 (Hiring Charge x number of weeks), plus $216 (number of banners x cost per banner) for install and dismantling (+GST). Printing banner costs are in addition.
Council can only accept banners from third parties which comply with the intentions of our Street Banner Policy PDF, 3873.48 KB and Council's other adopted policies. Council reserves the right to decline requests for banner hire.
Hirers are encouraged to discuss your campaign with Council's Communication staff early in the process.