Immunisation is important

Have your children protected against diseases such as diphtheria, tetanus, whooping cough, polio, measles, mumps and rubella, hepatitis B, HIB (haemophilus influenza type B), meningococcal C and pneumococcal. Many people wrongly believe that these diseases have disappeared. 

Changes to the Public Health Act 2010

The State Government recently amended the Public Health Act 2010 to require parents and carers who are enrolling children in childcare centres from 1 January 2014 to provide proof of their child's vaccination status.

Requirements for Moverly Children's Centre

Randwick City Council supports the immunisation of all children in our community. Immunising your children can help protect them from serious diseases, such as hooping cough, measles, mumps and rubella. It also helps child care centres become safer places by protecting other children who are too young to receive vaccines. 

What I need to do?

If your child is enrolled in Council's Moverly Children's Centre from 2014 onwards you need to provide documents which show your child:
  • is fully vaccinated for their age, or
  • has a medical reason not to be vaccinated, or
  • has a conscientious objection, including religious beliefs, to vaccination or
  • is on a recognised catch-up schedule if their child has fallen behind with their vaccinations.
For more information and what documents are needed, please visit NSW Health - Vaccination Questions & Answers for Parents.

What I need to do if my child is not vaccinated?

Unfortunately if your child's record is not current, we cannot accept them into Moverly Chidren's Centre unless you provide documented evidence that your child is:
  • on a recognised catch-up schedule, or
  • has a medical reason not to be vaccinated
If you have a conscientious objection to vaccination, we require this in writing, signed by your General Practitioner.
Last Updated: 24 October 2022
Back to top