You can find out how land is zoned in a number of ways:
- Using the online property enquiry service and enter the address
- Viewing the Randwick Local Environmental Plan (LEP) 2012 map
For formal written advice, you will need to apply for a Planning Certificate. A Planning Certificate issued under Section 10.7(2), previously known as Section 149(2) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, provides details of the zoning and information about relevant planning controls.
Additional information on matters such as whether the site is in a foreshore scenic protection area and tree preservation orders can be obtained by requesting this information under Section 10.7(5), previously known as Section 149(5) of the Act.
Section 10.7 certificates can be obtained by:
- registering for the service and using the online certificate request form
- completing the Certificates Application Form PDF, 148.8 KB.
The certificates are produced within four working days of application being lodged. If lodged online, the certificates are produced within three working days. Upon receipt, all certificates can be produced within twenty-four hours by payment of an urgency fee.
In addition to the above, the online service can be used to apply for these property certificates:
- Section 10.7(2), previously known as Section 149(2)
- Section 10.7(2) & 10.7(5) Advice, previously known as 149(2) & 149 (5) Advice
- Section 603
- Section 121ZP & Section 735A - Certificates - as to Notices & Orders
- 88G Certificate (No Inspection)
- 88G Certificate (Inspection Undertaken)
S10.7 Certificate Attachments, previously known as S149 Certificate Attachments
The following attachments will be included where applicable in a S10.7 certificate:
- Acid Sulfate Soils PDF, 3202.38 KB
- Bronte-Coogee Aquatic Reserve PDF, 398.26 KB
- Contaminated Land Policy - Former Incinerator Land, Matraville PDF, 327.76 KB
- Development in Areas Subject to Aircraft Noise PDF, 412.13 KB
- Flooding - Shepherd Street, Maroubra PDF, 96.14 KB
- Flooding PDF, 2553.74 KB
- Managing Groundwater in the Botany Sands Aquifier PDF, 319.06 KB
- Port Botany PDF, 448.56 KB
- Road Widening PDF, 106.75 KB
- Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) Buffer Zone Policy PDF, 342.81 KB
- Terrestrial Biodiversity Map Layer PDF, 100.22 KB
- Unhealthy Building Land Policy (Schedule 1) PDF, 134.68 KB
- Unhealthy Building Land Policy (Schedule 2) PDF, 136.5 KB
- 128 Barker Street, Randwick PDF, 84.53 KB
- 128 Beach Street, Coogee PDF, 49 KB
- 56 Carr Street, Coogee PDF, 53.95 KB
If you require information about previous development or building consents and any related plans, or for any general property search, you can apply to Council to search its records and provide this information using the Request for Search Form.
Change of address
In accordance with the adopted policy and Australia Post rules, Council is the ultimate authority for house/property numbering approval. You can apply for a change of address using the Application Seeking a Change of Property Address Form.