Randwick Local Planning Panel Meeting
Thu 13 Apr 2023 - Thu 13 Apr 2023
- Every month on the 2nd Thursday of the month, until Nov 9, 2023
- Council Chambers, 1st Floor Randwick Town Hall
- 90 Avoca Street Randwick
The Randwick Local Planning Panel is an Independent Hearing and Assessment Panel that assesses development applications and provides advice on planning proposals.
Changes to Local Planning Panels
The NSW Government is making changes to the way Local Planning Panels work to make them more efficient and to improve the assessment and determination times of development applications.
These changes are being made as part of the Planning Acceleration Program to support the state’s immediate and long-term economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
The changes, commenced from 1 August 2020, will speed up panel determinations by:
- reducing the need to conduct public panel meetings for non-contentious matters by applying a ‘10-or-more’ objection trigger for public meetings
- reducing the amount of modifications going to panels
- obliging panel chairs to more actively manage development applications (DAs) coming to the panels to reduce panel deferrals and assessment timeframes
- allowing chairs to bring forward determination on DAs that are experiencing unreasonable delays of over 180 days from lodgement
- introducing panel performance measures.
Further details about the changes and Frequently Asked Questions are available in this information sheet.
If you wish to listen to the Public meeting on Thursday, 9 March 2023, please dial the number below and enter the Conference ID from your phone to enable you to join the public meeting. Any person is welcome to listen to the public teleconference from a phone.
+61 2 9161 1238,,532339488# Australia, Sydney
1800 570 715,,532339488# Australia (Toll-free)
Phone Conference ID: 532 339 488#
How to address the panel at a Public meeting
If you wish to address the Panel at the Public meeting, you must register by contacting Council no later than 12 noon at least one day before the meeting via email to email@example.com. Please note that the number of speakers is restricted to one for and one against on each application. Additional speaker/s may be allowed in special circumstances subject to the approval of Panel’s Chairperson.
If you are registered to address the Panel or listen to the public meeting, please be aware of the following process:
- The Panel’s Chair will make introductions of the other members of the Panel, call for any declarations of interest, read out apologies and set out the meeting process.
- The Panel will then hear from those who have registered to speak. The Chair will read out the name of the person whose turn it is to speak.
- The speakers are limited to 3 minutes and can only speak once unless asked questions by the Panel.
- The Applicant will speak last.
- Visual presentation materials must be submitted to Council at the point of registration.
- The speakers will be responsible for sharing the visual presentation with the Panel at the meeting.
- Please be mindful of not talking over the Chair or another speakers.
- All participants are to remain silent unless invited by the Chair or other Panel members to speak, those listening or waiting their turn to speak should have their phone or microphones muted. The Chair reserve the rights to remove any uncooperative participants.
- The meeting is not a debate, it is a forum to allow the panel to hear the community’s concerns.
- After listening to the speakers, the Chair will ask each panel member if they have any questions of the speakers or the applicant.
- The Chair will then close the meeting.
- The decision of the Panel will be published on Council’s website.
The Panel is required to make an audio record of the public meeting and make the recording publicly available on Council’s website. You should be aware that this may include your personal information if you are presenting to the Panel.
The RLPP agendas, minutes and meeting audios are available on Council’s business papers and minutes page.