What it's like working for Council
As General Manager of the award-winning and highly successful Randwick City Council, I can proudly say that our staff are our best asset. They have achieved outstanding success for our community and the organisation.
Randwick City Council has been recognised not only as a leader within our own industry, but we have also received national recognition as an employer of choice in 2014. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please apply to join our high-performing team and continue your career journey with us.
What's in it for me?
There are loads of great reasons to come and work with us, apart from our fantastic career opportunities!
- 9 day fortnight for full time staff
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave
- Salaries consistently above industry averages
You also have access to:
- 18 weeks' paid parental leave and up to 2 years unpaid parental leave
- 10 days carer's leave per year
- Free confidential counselling
- Free membership to our 3 libraries
- Social activities such as a monthly staff bbq and social club
All Stops to Randwick
Randwick Council presents All Stops To Randwick each year - an employee training event focused soley on staff. It's how we strive for excellence and innovation and it also helps us plan for the future and promote leadership development. It helps bring our diverse staff together for a fun day of learning and to focus on our goal of providing high quality facilities and services for our community.
Free health and wellbeing programs
- Monthly 'Lifestyle Lunches' (social lunches for all staff on topics nominated by staff)
- Weekly 'Be Fit' program including yoga and boxing at various locations around Council
Training & development
- Our Talent Management program which is nationally recognised by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Generous reimbursement of fees to complete approved tertiary qualifications
- Exam and study leave for approved courses
- Our thorough 'new staff' induction to help you settle in as quickly as possible