Due to the coronavirus we’ve closed many of our facilities including the Customer Service Centre. Please visit our COVID-19 page to see what is impacted.
What it's like working for Council
Randwick City Council has been recognised not only as a leader within our own industry, but we have also received national recognition as an employer of choice in 2014. If this sounds like a place you would like to work, please apply to join our high-performing team and continue your career journey with us.
What's in it for me?
There are loads of great reasons to come and work with us, apart from our fantastic career opportunities!
- 9 day fortnight for full time staff
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave
- Salaries consistently above industry averages
You also have access to:
- 18 weeks' paid parental leave and up to 2 years unpaid parental leave
- 10 days carer's leave per year
- Free confidential counselling
- Free membership to our 3 libraries
- Social activities such as a monthly staff bbq and social club
All Stops to Randwick
Randwick Council presents All Stops To Randwick each year - an employee training event focused soley on staff. It's how we strive for excellence and innovation and it also helps us plan for the future and promote leadership development. It helps bring our diverse staff together for a fun day of learning and to focus on our goal of providing high quality facilities and services for our community.
Free health and wellbeing programs
- Monthly 'Lifestyle Lunches' (social lunches for all staff on topics nominated by staff)
- Weekly 'Be Fit' program including yoga and boxing at various locations around Council
Training & development
- Our Talent Management program which is nationally recognised by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Generous reimbursement of fees to complete approved tertiary qualifications
- Exam and study leave for approved courses
- Our thorough 'new staff' induction to help you settle in as quickly as possible
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe our workplace diversity and inclusion drives the innovation and collaboration that results in our high performance culture. Our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Management Plan PDF, 115.19 KB and Policy PDF, 68.52 KB are an integral component of our ICARE Values (Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence).