Suggest an Item for Purchase
Randwick City Library welcomes suggestions from library members for items to purchase including books, eBooks, journals, CDs, DVDs and databases. Before making a suggestion, we recommend searching the online catalogue to see if it has already been ordered; items appearing "on order" can be reserved through the library catalogue by logging on with your library card number. If we're not able to purchase the item, you still may be able to get it through an Inter-library Loan Request.
- Only items published in the last 2 years will be considered for purchasing, unless it completes a set or a series we already own.
- Randwick City Library reserves the right to decide the number of copies to be purchased.
- Randwick City Library cannot fulfill each request.
- The Library's Collection Development Policy PDF, 240.43 KB outlines purchasing and collection guidelines and priorities.
- All purchases are subject to funding and at the discretion of Randwick City Library.
Request an Interlibrary Loan
If the item you need is not available at our libraries and is older than 2 years, we can request a copy via our inter-library loans service.
This service enables you to borrow books and other resources from libraries across Australia and the State Library of New South Wales. All items are borrowed and returned at Randwick City Library.
You can also search for items across Australia using the trove website https://trove.nla.gov.au/
Most requests take between two and six weeks, but this may vary. We will contact you by mail, email or phone when the item is ready for pick up.
Inter-library Loan Fees & Charges
Inter-library Loans will incur a cost per loan and any charges from the supplying institution.
|Specialty and University loans||per item||$16.50||$0.00||$16.50|