Randwick City Library has books, magazines, CDs and DVDs as well as eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and spoken word books.
Red Hot Reads - a changing collection of the latest, recently reviewed books. Three-week loan, no renewals, no reserves.
Bestsellers - 10 copies of current popular books, updated regularly to reflect retail book sales. Three-week loan, no renewals, no reserves.
Hidden Gems - specially selected by library staff; old favourites, literary prize-winners but some are just a great read.
Collection Highlights - can include fiction, non-fiction and biography, and is a changing collection with various themes explored throughout the year. Lionel Bowen Library only.
Truth, as they say, is often stranger than fiction and the current Collection Highlights - True Stories - showcase some of the most interesting and often bizarre true stories in our collection. Novels based on real lives or events and biographies are also included.
Winners circle - a new collection of literary prize winners. Lionel Bowen Library only
All three branches feature new books – just ask our staff to show you where they are.
In October it's Halloween
Here's our pick for 10 of the best classic horror novels.
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- John Dies at the End by David Wong
- Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
- Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
- The Stand by Stephen King
- Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Night Film by Maria Pessl
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
2021 Booker Prize
The 2021 longlist for the Booker Prize has been announced and as usual for the Booker, is an interesting mix of authors. The Booker Prize is awarded each year for the best novel written in English and published in the United Kingdom or Ireland. It is one of The English language's most prestigious literary awards. The shortlist has been announced.
- A Passage North by Anuk Arudpragasam
- The Promise by Damon Galgut
- No-one is talking about this by Patricia Lockwood
- The Fortune Men by Nadifa Mohamed
- Bewilderment by Pichard Powers
- Great Circle by Maggie Shipstead