Conditions of Membership
Library members will:
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on their card and will ensure items are returned on or before the date items are due, as late return of items may result in suspension.
- As a parent or guardian accept responsibility for all items borrowed on the card/s of those in their care.
- Agree to accept any fees incurred for lost or damaged items, reservation fees, and other relevant fees as set out in the library's fees and charges.
- Advise the library if your library card is lost, or of any change of details such as name, address, phone number or email address.
- Be considerate, polite and respectful to staff and other members of the public when visiting the library or attending events both within the library and online.
- Accept Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by a reasonable person who is 16 years or older. Supervision requires that the person be always within sight of the child.
- Accept restriction of a child's access to the Internet is the responsibility of the parent or guardian.
- Abide by the Copyright Act 1968 when copying library materials and sharing materials online.
By submitting your application to join the library you agree to accept and abide by our Conditions of Membership.
Pop into one of our three branches in person and present proof of your name and current address (such as NSW driver licence, bank statement or utility bill) to complete your membership and collect your library card.
You can also join at any of our branches by presenting proof of your name and current address to receive your card on the spot. There is no minimum age for joining, but those under the age of 16 years require consent from their parent or guardian.
Users of Randwick City Councils' websites and online services are entitled to expect that any information collected as a result of that use will be treated within the terms of Randwick City Council's privacy responsibilities and obligations. To view our policy, please visit the Randwick City Council privacy page.