A creative space where dreams come to life
Welcome to The Third Space
Situated on Level 3 of the Lionel Bowen Library, Maroubra, The Third Space is an exciting new creative space that supports library programs in the areas of art, content creation and technology.
Our state-of-the-art space is a Makerspace, which is a collaborative workspace for making, learning, exploring, and sharing, that uses high tech to no tech tools.
The space is completely configurable with rolling furniture that can be placed in any formation, including rolling height adjustable tables and chairs for sit or stand, as well as pull-down ceiling power for powering equipment without tripping hazards.
In The Third Space, we have the equipment and capacity to deliver programs on:
- 3-D Printing both Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM) or “filament” printing and Vat Polymerisation or “Resin” printing
- Laser Cutting with our safe and modern Beambox Laser Cutter
- CNC Machining with our Nighthawk CNC machine
- Soldering and electronics
- Coding and controllers such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- Virtual Reality using Meta VR equipment
- Videography and content creation
- Traditional arts such as painting, drawing, modelling
- Making in any form with tools for light fabrication
- Computer and technology training
At present, The Third Space is used to support our many innovative library programs.
To see our current library programs, please visit our Library Events Page
If you have a query or suggestion regarding programs for The Third Space, please Contact Us