Below is a list of library publications including books, Policies and Forms. Download a library publication by clicking on the link.
Randwick by Pauline Curby
In celebration of Randwick City Council's 150th anniversary, Council commissioned professional historian Pauline Curby to write a fully referenced, illustrated, comprehensive history of Randwick.
A deluxe limited edition of the book is available from Randwick's Libraries and the Council at a cost of $120. The standard version can be purchased for $69.95. For more information, call (02) 9093 6400.
You can read a sample by downloading the first chapter of Randwick PDF, 3667.07 KB.
A Patchwork of Stories
Randwick City Library’s Writing for Pleasure program started with just a handful of avid writers in 2013, but has grown into a creative group that now boasts 85 members across two different library locations.
Under the tutelage and guidance of Helene Grover, participants have continued to sharpen their skills and build their talents.
This book is a collection of their stories – a patchwork as diverse and vibrant as the authors who have contributed.
The Power of Play
Why is play so important to your child's development? What do children learn from play? Which toys should you choose for your child to play with?
In this handy guide written for parents and carers of children 6 months to 6 years of age, you can find out about the importance of play and toys, how your child learns from play, how to keep your child's play safe and, most importantly, excellent suggestions of toys and activities that are age appropriate for babies, toddlers, young children, pre-schoolers and school children.
Written by Sharon Stern, Toy and Game Officer at Randwick City Library together with Early Childhood Educator Antonia Folden, The Power of Play has been published by Randwick City Library.
The Power of Play is available in both English and Mandarin (simplified Chinese).
Stories from the Street
This is the second book of published work from Randwick City Library’s Writing for Pleasure program.
Program facilitator Helene Grover guided her group as they sharpened their listening and writing skills and left the comfort of the classroom to ask a stranger “what’s your story?” For many of the participants a new friend was waiting behind a stranger’s face. The result is a wonderful collection of stories revealing the lives of 18 strangers encountered in and around Randwick.
Words of Wisdom
Words of Wisdom celebrates the knowledge, experience and life stories of seniors in Randwick City.
This book features ideas for living a rewarding life from 30 different members of the community, ranging in age from 55 to 90 years old and coming from a plethora of different backgrounds, including India, Peru, USA, Ukraine, Morocco, South Africa, Philippines, France, Singapore, Ghana, Bolivia, New Zealand, England, as well as Australia.
Reflective of the diverse nature of the Randwick community, each message has been shaped by the personal journey of each contributor and captures the wisdom, which can only be gathered through a life lived.
A Migrant's Story - Mementos
Since the inauguration of A Migrant's Story in 2003, 5 publications and a DVD have been launched with over 125 migrants sharing their life experiences, highlighting the pain and joy of their migrant journey.
Art Deco History Walks - Coogee and Randwick
As part of our Picture Perfect Art Deco exhibition by our Local History librarians we've produced two self-guided walking tours of Coogee and Randwick showcasing some of the beautiful architecture which dots the area. Download them to your phone or print them out for your own tour!
- Randwick City Library - Document Delivery Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 350.8 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Hire of Facilities Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 141.2 KB)
- Randwick City Council - Community Bus Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 141.8 KB)
- Randwick City Libary Membership Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 159.9 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Book Club Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 156.5 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Collection Development Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 240.4 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Fees and Charges Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 156.6 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Internet and Personal Computer Access Policy (PDF File 104.4 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Lending Policy (PDF File 102.3 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Opening Hours Policy -July 2014.pdf (PDF File 364.4 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Serving Children and Young Persons in Library Policy (PDF File 156.5 KB)
- Randwick City Library - Work Experience Policy - July 2014.pdf (PDF File 157.0 KB)
- Library Volunteer Application Form (PDF File 63.9 KB)
- Terms-and-Conditions-Randwick-City-Library-Room-Hire.pdf (PDF File 311.0 KB)
- Childrens Activity Registration Form (PDF File 356.4 KB)
- Book Club in a Box Coordinator Registration Form (PDF File 162.9 KB)