Toy and Game Library
Randwick City Toy and Game Library provides a sustainable, economical and community-driven service to ensure your child always has access to a range of high-quality toys.
For the price of one toy per year, toy library members gain access to over 2,500 educational and fun toys for children aged 6 months to 12 years, with collections in all 3 library locations. All toys and games within the collection have been carefully selected for their educational value and meet safety and quality standards.
Toys available for loan include:
- First toys
- Ride-on toys
- Musical toys
- Family games
- Pretend play toys
- Construction toys
- Sensory toys
- STEM toys
- Sports toys
- Slides, tunnels and see-saws
To join, visit any of our three libraries today.
Toy & Game Library borrowing hours
Lionel Bowen Toy Library at Maroubra
Margaret Martin Toy Library at Randwick
Malabar Community Toy Library
Toy and Game Library Terms and Conditions
By accepting membership to the Toy and Game Library you accept to abide by the following terms and conditions. The Toy and Game Library Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Membership is based on an annual fee which may be paid in one instalment, or alternatively in 6 bimonthly payments totalling the full annual fee.
- Membership is only valid during the period for which you have paid the fee.
- Randwick City Council residents holding a valid Centrelink, Health Care or Pension Card are exempt from payment.
- Toy library members must be over 18 years of age.
- Toys and games can only be borrowed with a Toy and Game Library membership card.
- You can borrow a total of 8 toys at a time for up to three weeks (21 days)
- Toys and games can be renewed three times if they are not on reserve for another borrower.
- Renewals are automatic, unless the item is overdue, reserved, reaching the maximum renewal limit or if your toy library membership is suspended.
- Items can be renewed or reserved in person, by phone or online.
- It is your responsibility to check that the contents of each item match the contents listed on the label, and report any problems to library staff.
- Please check the contents before leaving the library if possible. If unable to do this, you must check the items once you get home, and notify the library on the day if any item is missing or damaged.
- Overdue items will cause your membership to be temporarily suspended.Temporary suspension means you will be unable to borrow until the overdue item(s) have been returned and discharged from your card.
- Items can be renewed up to three times if they are not required by another member. This process is automatic.
- You can renew and reserve items online, in person or by telephone.
- Small items from one library location can be reserved for collection from another location. Large items cannot be reserved for collection from another location.
- Please supervise the use of the toys and games in your home.
- Be aware of safety labels and recommendations for use.
- Please don’t leave toys outside exposed to the weather.
- Due to large volumes of toys, staff do not regularly clean toys. This is the responsibility of the borrower.
- It is a condition of Toy Library membership that you please clean toys and their containers BEFORE you return them.
- Toys can be cleaned by wiping them with a cloth and soapy water. Please do not immerse toys in water.
- Small toys and games can be returned to any branch of Randwick City Library.
- Larger items, including ride-on toys, slides, walkers, baby gyms, dolls houses and items in large bags MUST be returned to the library from which they were borrowed.
- Toys and games must be returned with all pieces and packaging. Incomplete items can be renewed until the missing pieces are located.
- Staff will not accept the return of incomplete items.
- Please report any losses or damage to library staff.
- Charges will be made for loss or damage to toys, games, and packaging.
In The Library
- The Toy and Game Library Service is a lending service, and items are not to be opened for play in the library.
- Children 12 years and under must be closely supervised in the library by a responsible adult at all times.
- Toys and games may contain small pieces that can be hazardous to young children. Please read warning labels on toys and games.
Child Development Play Workshops
- The Toy and Game Library Service hosts workshops exploring the importance of play for children 0-24 months. Parents, carers and their children are very welcome.
- Play Workshops are facilitated by an Early Childhood Educator and free of charge for Toy and Game Library members, although bookings are essential.
- Find out how children learn through play and the toys and activities that are suitable for each stage of their development.
Come and Play Sessions
- The Toy and Game Library Service hosts monthly Come and Play sessions for children aged 0-5 years.
- Search the Randwick City Library events calendar for details.
- Drop in at any time throughout the session to enjoy lots of toys, games, learning and fun! There will be both themed and free play areas with lots to enjoy.
- Toy Library staff will be there to talk to you about our wonderful Toy and Game Library and how children of all ages learn through play.
Toy Library Fees & Charges
Toy & Game Library membership – annual
Toy & Game Library membership – bimonthly
Child development workshop – Toy & Game Library member
Child development workshop – Toy & Game Library non-member