Do you have your own book club? Then our Book Club in a Box is perfect. Starting or running a Book Club is easy with our kits containing 10 copies of the same book, tips for running a book club, plus discussion questions to get you started.
Registered Book Club in a Box Coordinators are able to borrow or reserve a Book Club in a Box Kit. It is free to register as a BCINBOX borrower.
Titles available for loan
To see the books available, please search our library catalogue.
Book Club in a Box FAQs
Can we borrow more than one kit at a time?
Yes, two kits can be borrowed at one time to allow books to be swapped at meetings. Kits can be borrowed for six (6) weeks.
How do we return the Book Club kits?
The Book Club in a Box must be returned to the desk of any branch during library opening hours. Book Club in a Box kits incur overdue fines at a rate of $1.00 per day.
Can each book club member return their book separately?
If you borrow the kit you are responsible for all 10 books, the other contents and the box. You should check the contents before you borrow. The kits must be returned complete. The person who borrowed the kit will be held responsible for any missing items.
What if we lose or damage a book?
If your group loses or damages a book, or the box, it must be replaced. Damage includes anything beyond normal wear from reading. You may replace the book with a new copy or pay the replacement cost at any Randwick City Library branch. The person who borrowed the kit is responsible for any fees and charges incurred.
Terms and Conditions
The Book Club in a Box (BIB) kit consists of:
- 10 copies of a specially chosen book,
- a list of suggested discussion questions for that particular title,
- tips for starting and running a successful book club
- terms and conditions and
- a box and lid.
- Only registered Book Club in a Box Coordinators (BCINBOX) are able to borrow or reserve a Book Club in a Box.
- Only Two (2) kits at a time can be borrowed.
- You must check that all the contents are in the box before you borrow it.
- The kits are lent for a period of six (6) weeks and will incur overdue fines at a rate of $1.00 per day. They cannot be renewed.
- The kit must be returned together, no books can be returned separately. You are responsible for the entire contents of the kit and will incur any charges that arise from missing parts.
- BIB kits must be returned in person to staff at the desk during library opening hours. They can be returned to any branch of Randwick City Library.
- Lost or damaged books or boxes must be replaced. Damage includes anything beyond normal wear from reading eg water damaged. The book may be replaced with a new copy or the replacement cost must be paid at any Randwick Library branch. You are responsible for any fees and charges incurred.
Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).