Play is essential for your child's learning and development. Randwick City Toy and Game Library allows you to choose age appropriate toys to help your child to enjoy play. For the price of one toy each year, your children can gain access to over 2,300 high quality, educational and fun toys for children aged 6 months to 6 years, with collections in all 3 library locations.
- First toys
- Ride-on toys
- Musical toys
- Family games
- Pretend play toys
- Construction toys
- Slides, tunnels and see-saws
To join, visit any of our three libraries today.
Toy & Game Library borrowing hours
Lionel Bowen Toy Library at Maroubra
Margaret Martin Toy Library at Randwick
Monday - Wednesday & Friday: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Thursday: 9.30am - 12.30pm & 4pm - 7pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 4pm
Malabar Community Toy Library
Toy and Game Library Terms and Conditions
By accepting membership to the Toy and Game Library you accept to abide by the following terms and conditions. The Toy and Game Library Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
- Membership is based on an annual fee which may be paid in one instalment, or alternatively in 6 bimonthly payments totalling the full annual fee.
- Membership is only valid during the period for which you have paid the fee.
- Randwick City Council residents holding a valid Centrelink, Health Care or Pension Card are exempt from payment.
- Toy library members must be over 18 years of age.
- Toys and games can only be borrowed with a Toy and Game Library membership card.
- You can borrow a total of 8 toys at a time for up to three weeks (21 days).
- It is your responsibility to check that the contents of each toy and game match those listed on the label and are in good condition before borrowing.
- It is your responsibility after checking toys and games to report any missing pieces or problems to staff before leaving the library.
- Toys and games can be renewed three times if they are not on reserve for another borrower.
- Items can be renewed or reserved in person, by phone or online.
- Fines are charged for items not returned or renewed by the due date.
- Items can be renewed up to three times if they are not required by another member.
- You can renew and reserve items online, in person or by telephone.
- Small items from one library location can be reserved for collection from another location. Large items cannot be reserved for collection from another location.
- Please supervise the use of the toys and games in your home
- Please don’t leave toys outside exposed to the weather
- Toys can be cleaned by wiping them with a cloth and soapy water. Don’t immerse toys in water.
- Please clean toys BEFORE you return them.
- Small toys and games can be returned to any branch of Randwick City Library.
- Larger items, including ride-on toys, slides, walkers, baby gyms, dolls houses and items in large bags MUST be returned to the library from which they were borrowed.
- Toys and games must be returned with all pieces and packaging. Incomplete items can be renewed until the missing pieces are located.
- Staff will not accept the return of incomplete items.
- Please report any losses or damage to library staff.
- Charges will be made for loss or damage to toys, games, and packaging.
In The Library
- The Toy and Game Library Service is a lending service, and items are not to be opened for play in the library.
- Children 12 years and under must be closely supervised in the library by a responsible adult at all times.
- Toys and games may contain small pieces that can be hazardous to young children. Please read warning labels on toys and games.
Play Workshops are free of charge for Toy and Game Library members.
Toy Library Fees & Charges
Annual Toy Membership Fee
Bi-monthly Toy Membership
Child Development Workshop - Toy Library Members
Child Development Workshop - Non Toy Library Members