Accredited swimming program and lessons
The Des Renford Leisure Centre Swim School program is an accredited Austswim and Royal Life Saving Society Swim and Survive program.
Our program is designed to promote water safety, familiarisation and stroke correction within an enjoyable and safe environment.
All abilities are catered for from babies to adults. Lessons are 30 minutes in duration and bookings are made by the school term.
Progression through the program is achieved by meeting the assessment criteria defined for each level and is not based upon age.
Term 4: 25 Oct - 19 Dec 2021
Intensive Holiday Program 21/22
Week 1: 20 - 22 Dec
Week 2: 04 - 07 Jan
Week 3: 10 - 14 Jan
Week 4: 17 - 21 Jan
First Lap Vouchers are accepted for Intensive Learn to Swim (holidays) and weekly swimming lessons (school term).
Active Kids Vouchers are accepted for weekly swimming lessons (school term).
Term 1: Monday 31 January - Sunday 10 April 2022
Week 7 & 8: Re-enrolment for Learn to Swim & Intensive Holiday program from 14/3/22 until 5pm 27/3/22
Week 9: Wait List Processing
Week 10: Change of day/ time existing enrolments & enrol siblings from Monday 4 April
New Enrolments: Monday 11 April
Intensive Holiday Program: Monday 11 April - Thursday 14 April & Tuesday 19 April - Friday 22 April
For us to stay safe and stay open we ask you to adhere to the below COVID SAFE guidelines as outlined in the CURRENT Public Health Order (PHO):
- Check-in via the Service NSW App and DRLC QR code
- We encourage one parent/guardian only to accompany children each visit
- Check-out upon leaving DRLC
- Do not bring your child if unwell and/or if there has been close contact with anyone testing positive to COVID-19 – this also applies to any accompanying adult
- Continue to adhere to Social Distancing guidelines when in the centre
Learn to Swim classes are not run on Public Holidays.
To contact the Swim School please email