Draft planning controls for the future of Kensington and Kingsford
Randwick City Council has prepared a draft planning strategy to guide the future of Anzac Parade in Kensington and Kingsford.
The strategy proposes new building heights and considerable public improvements. Extensive consultation will take place with the community prior to any final decision being made.
The Draft Planning Strategy was submitted to the NSW Department of Planning and Environment for Gateway Determination in December 2016. Council received approval to proceed with public exhibition (ie. Gateway Determination) in December 2017 subject to a number of significant changes.
Given the significant nature of the changes from the Department of Planning, Council will reconsider the matter in early 2018 at a Council Meeting.
- 6 Dec 2016 - Council Planning Committee (deferred)
- 13 Dec 2016 - Council Ordinary Meeting
- 17 Dec 2016 - Extraordinary Council Meeting
- Dec 2016 - Planning Strategy submitted to Department for approval for public exhibition
- Feb 2017 - Draft Planning Strategy documents made public on Department of Planning & Environment LEP Tracking website
- 13 Dec 2017 - Council receives gateway approval for public exhibition subject to significant changes.
- early 2018 - Council meeting to consider plan
Documents & links
- Department of Planning & Environment Gateway Determination [13 Dec 2017]
- Media release - NSW Government chooses rampant overdevelopment over award-winning local planning strategy [14 Dec 2017]
- Draft Planning Strategy documentation [Feb 2017]
- Media release - Randwick Mayor announces $300M Kensington and Kingsford transformation project [30 Nov 2016]
- Fact sheet - Kensington and Kingsford Planning Strategy PDF, 4013.09 KB
- Draft Planning Strategy (Large file, PDF, 25MB)
- Council Planning Committee Report [6 Dec 2016]
Extensive community consultation will be conducted to ensure all residents and ratepayers are informed and can comment on the proposal. This consultation will take place once approval is received from the NSW Department of Planning and Environment to proceed with consultation. Details will be available in the future on Council's dedicated consultation website YourSay Randwick.
Randwick City Council
Strategic Planning Unit
02 9093 6895