Draft planning controls for the future of Kensington and Kingsford
Randwick City Council has prepared a draft planning strategy to guide the future of Anzac Parade in Kensington and Kingsford.
The strategy proposes new building heights and considerable public improvements. Extensive consultation will take place with the community prior to any final decision being made.
The Draft Planning Strategy has been submitted to the NSW Department of Planning and Environment for Gateway Determination. Council is currently awaiting approval to proceed with public exhibition (ie. Gateway Determination). The Department of Planning and Environment has put all the documents Council submitted on their website for public access.
- 6 Dec 2016 - Council Planning Committee (deferred)
- 13 Dec 2016 - Council Ordinary Meeting
- 17 Dec 2016 - Extraordinary Council Meeting
- Feb 2017 - Draft Planning Strategy documents made public on Department of Planning & Environment LEP Tracking website
If the Department's gateway approval is received, Council will conduct detailed community consultation on the Planning Strategy and report the results of the consultation back to a meeting of Council for consideration and any amendments.
- Fact sheet - Kensington and Kingsford Planning Strategy PDF, 4013.09 KB
- Draft Planning Strategy (Large file, PDF, 25MB)
- Council Planning Committee Report [6 December 2016]
- Media release - Randwick Mayor announces $300M Kensington and Kingsford transformation project [30 November 2016]
- Draft Planning Strategy documentation [February 2017]
Extensive community consultation will be conducted to ensure all residents and ratepayers are informed and can comment on the proposal. This consultation will take place once approval is received from the NSW Department of Planning and Environment to proceed with consultation. Details will be available in the future on Council's dedicated consultation website YourSay Randwick.
Randwick City Council
Strategic Planning Unit
02 9093 6895