Paine Reserve amenities upgrade
- Project summary: Council will build change rooms and the amenities building will be upgraded to ensure that the facilities can better serve the community.
- Dates: August to January 2023, weather permitting
- Location: Paine Reserve, 187-203R Botany Street, Randwick NSW 2031
- Contact officer: James Mould, Project Manager James.firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone (02) 9093 6000
As part of Council’s continued effort to provide and maintain high-quality public spaces the Paine Reserve change rooms and amenities building will be upgraded to ensure that the facilities can better serve the community.
Paine Reserve is a popular spot for both locals and sport clubs due to the excellent surroundings, which include playgrounds, a sports field and dog exercise park. Due to its prime location, the amenities are well-used by locals.
The current building provides basic male and female toilet facilities and there are currently no wheelchair accessible or ambulant facilities.
The new toilet facilities will meet current standards of comfort, cleanliness, accessibility and compliance. As part of the renovation, the bore water filtration and irrigation systems that currently occupies one of the change rooms will be relocated to a dedicated plant room. This will result in two full sized change rooms to be used by sporting clubs.
Construction will start September and finish by November, weather permitting. All efforts will be made to reduce any impact on local residents.
The new facility will include:
- Two new change rooms with a shower and toilet in each change room
- Three unisex toilets
- One accessible toilet
- Referee change room
- New plant room for filtration/irrigation equipment
- Storage room for sporting clubs
- Late July 2022 – Design Commencement
- Late August 2022 – Design Complete
- Late August 2022 – Construction commences
- January 2023 – Construction complete
For any further information, please contact:
James Mould, Project Manager
Phone: (02) 9093 6000