- Project summary: Meeks Street Plaza upgrade will create a vibrant and welcoming place for people to meet, congregate and celebrate. Works will include new landscaping, seating areas and space for local entertainers to perform. These works are scheduled to commence in 2022.
- Status: Construction to commence on 15 August 2022 to be completed by mid-2023.
- Location: Meeks Street, Kingsford
- Contact officer: Mark Falaniko, Senior Project Manager 02 9093 6759 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Streetscape upgrade
- New landscaping
- Car park upgrade
- Underground power
- Stage 1 – Proposed carpark construction, retaining wall installation and storm water retention tank completion.
- Stage 2a – Installation of all sub surface services including new storm water, water service adjustments, ASP1 electrical and appropriate utility services including lights to be commissioned.
- Stage 2b – Finalisation of all works, including the area affected by the Watermain diversion.
Council allocated $1.5 million funding to design and construct a new plaza on Meeks Street between Anzac Parade and Middle Lane, Kingsford.
In September and October 2019 we asked the community to tell us how we can improve Meeks Street Plaza to create a vibrant and welcoming space. Following the first stage of consultation, Council created a concept plan that focused on greening the plaza, extending available space to provide more outdoor seating and dining, a new performance stage and lawn area for local events and gatherings.
As part of the upgrade, overhead power cables will be lowered underground. It's expected that there will be temporary power changeover delays during construction. All residents and businesses will be informed of the changeover and Council can be contacted for any questions or queries.
There will be disruption to local businesses, shoppers and visitors, however Council will work hard to minimise any inconvenience. Access to businesses will be maintained at all times and the assigned community consultation project manager will be available to work directly with businesses to minimise the disruption.
On-street parking will be restricted during the construction from 15 August 2022 to April 2023. Council has recently completed the refurbishment of Rainbow Street Car Park. The parking is free and within close proximity to Meek Street for residents, community and visitors.
Local residents will be notified prior to work commencing.
- Location: Corner of Anzac Pde and Meek Street
- Time: 8pm to 5am, Sunday to Thursday
- When: Sunday 9 October 2022 to Sunday 16 October 2022
- Notification letter for nightworks - November 2022 PDF, 693.91 KB
- Notification letter for nightworks - October 2022 PDF, 693.81 KB
- Notification letter for nightworks - September 2022 PDF, 226.33 KB
- Notification letter to residents - July 2022 PDF, 588.78 KB
- Meeks St Plaza Upgrade consultation website
- Meeks Street Pavement Plan PDF, 470.79 KB
For any further information, please contact:
Mark Falaniko Senior Project Manager 02 9093 6759 or email email@example.com