Ongoing Plan of Management works
Heffron Park is located in Maroubra and at 44 hectares it is the largest sporting reserve in Randwick City.
A range of sports are played in the park through winter and summer including netball, rugby league, soccer, touch football, oz tag, cricket, cycling, tennis and gymnastics.
Located on the south-east corner of the park is the Des Renford Leisure Centre.
The park is also very popular with local residents for walking, jogging and cycling.
Council adopted a Heffron Park Plan of Management PDF, 4972.49 KB for the park in 2004 and has earmarked $34 million to upgrade and improve the park during the coming years.
To find out details about current and proposed projects in Heffron Park, visit our Interactive Works & Upgrades Map.
- Handball courts - construction of two new handball courts to cater for both 1-wall and 3-wall games
- Half basketball court
- Heffron Tennis Centre
- The Heffron Centre (incorporating a gymnastics centre, indoor sports courts and a new home for the South Sydney Rabbitohs)
Completed works – highlights
- Heffron Cycling Clubhouse and amenities building (completed 2015)
- Kids playground (completed 2008)
- 1.1km shared cycleway extension (completed 2011)
- Heffron Pedal Park – kids educational bicycle facility (completed 2013)
- New car park on Jersey Road (completed 2013)
- New gym and leisure centre built at Des Renford Leisure Centre (completed 2014)
- New cycling clubhouse and amenities building (completed 2014)
- Amenities buildings
- Constructing new synthetic playing fields (Completed 2015)
- Construction of additional parking on Bunnerong Rd (completed 2016)