Road and footpath improvements
Randwick Council is upgrading a section of the Belmore Road business precinct. Works will include the replacement of the current concrete road with asphalt, and new footpath paving, kerbs, gutters and street furniture on the east side of Belmore Road.
This project forms part of Council’s commitment to continually improving the popular town centre to provide amenity for businesses, residents and visitors and further encourage business growth and prosperity.
Works will be underway from Monday 16 September to mid-December.
- Stage 1 – Footpath paving & parking lane construction from 49 Belmore Road to 71 Belmore Road – September 2019 to October 2019.
- Stage 2 – Footpath paving & parking lane construction from 71 Belmore Road to Royal Randwick Shopping Centre – October 2019 to November 2019.
- Stage 3 – Road demolition & construction of new asphalt pavement – 49 Belmore Road to Royal Randwick Shopping entrance November 2019 to mid-December 2019.
Most works will be conducted during business hours, however there will be some night and weekend work required. Noise intrusive works such as saw cutting and jack hammering will cease by 11pm every night. Further notification on the dates and times of night works will be provided to business and residents closer to the date.
Council will also endeavour to provide access to shops and businesses at all times, however limited disruptions may occur during the works.
Traffic control and temporary traffic calming devices will be implemented throughout the course of the construction for the safety of the community and contractors.
All businesses and residents impacted by these works will be notified ahead of time. Council will take every measure to minimise the disruption and endeavour to complete the project quickly.
- Replace concrete road with asphalt
- Install new footpath paving tiles
- Put in new kerbs and gutters
- Install new seating and a bike rack