Wed 14 Apr 2021 - Wed 14 Apr 2021
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
Join our in-person event to hear about Todd and his partner’s jump from corporate life in Sydney to a winery in the Hunter Valley.
- This is a free event. Online bookings essential.
- More Information
- BYO reusable cups to help prevent waste and protect the environment. For more information please call 9093 6400.
YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING: A SHEDLOAD OF WINE & A FARM FULL OF GOATS continues the rural and real-life adventures of two self-confessed city slickers, who muddled their way into building a very successful boutique accommodation and winery business, against all odds.
After the talk, Todd will give away two bottles of his precious and delicious wine from his vineyard Block Eight in the Hunter Valley.
Todd Alexander is the author of the bestselling memoir Thirty Thousand Bottles of Wine and a Pig Called Helga, which was longlisted for the Australian Independent Bookseller Awards; two novels; and eight other non-fiction books. Todd began his career at Dymocks, Sydney, before becoming Head of Buying at Dymocks Franchise Systems. He then spent 12 years at eBay, becoming a leading online expert and helping thousands of Australians sell online. In 2012, he threw away his corporate career to run a vineyard and accommodation business called Block Eight with his partner, Jeff, in the Hunter Valley of NSW.
Library members can reserve a copy of You've Got To Be Kidding
Copies will be available to purchase at the event.
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is open to everyone, you do not need to be a library member however membership is free and you can join online or at any branch.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited. We are unable to accommodate participants who have not made a booking.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time to check in. This assists the programme to run on schedule.
- SMILE! Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- All events delivered in person are subject to change or postponement at short notice according to the most current NSW Government public health orders.
- All participants must check in using the NSW Government QR code. You must show your check-in confirmation to staff as you enter the venue. If you do not have a smart device, a staff member will enter your contact details into the NSW Government webform on your behalf.
- If you have visited a designated hotspot as specified by NSW Health, do NOT enter the library premises and call the library for further information.
- Face masks are recommended. More information about when to wear a mask here.
- If you are feeling ill or exhibiting symptoms, you need to stay home.
- Each event space within Randwick City Library branches are subject to capacity numbers as set out by NSW Government Public Health Order;
- 1.5 mtr physical distancing is to be maintained at all times;
- Practising good hygiene is an expectation of all customers (e.g. washing your hands regularly, coughing into your elbow, disinfecting surfaces you've touched, etc.);
- Patrons may be denied entry to or removed from the event for any failure to comply with the above terms and conditions.
- For more information and details regarding COVID-19 guidelines click here.
General Covid-Safe Terms and Conditions (as at 21st January 2021):
Photo Credit: Heart Photographic StudiosBack to top