Wed 11 Nov 2020 - Wed 11 Nov 2020
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
Join us for an evening with multi-award-winning author Sofie Laguna and Catherine du Peloux Menagé as they discuss Sofie's latest novel.
- This is a free live online event.
- Online bookings essential. Space is limited.
- More Information
- The online event is open to everyone subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
Lawrence Loman is a bright, caring, curious boy with a gift for painting. He lives at home with his mother and younger brother, and the future is laid out before him, full of promise. But when he is ten, an experience of betrayal takes it all away, and Lawrence is left to deal with the devastating aftermath.
As he grows into a man, how will he make sense of what he has suffered? He cannot rewrite history, but must he be condemned to repeat it?
Lawrence finds meaning in the best way he knows. By surrendering himself to art and nature, he creates beauty - beauty made all the more astonishing and soulful for the deprivation that gives rise to it.
Infinite Splendours is an extraordinary novel, incandescent with love and compassion, rich in colour and character.
Sofie Laguna is an Australian novelist, who won the 2015 Miles Franklin award for her book Eye of the Sheep. Her most recent novel, The Choke, was released in 2017 and was nominated for the 2018 Stella prize.
This event is a collaboration between Randwick City Library, Waverley Library and Woollahra Libraries.
Reserve Infinite Splendours from Randwick City Library
Purchase a copy Infinite Splendours from independent bookstore Constant Reader
Registration and joining details:
Once you have registered via Eventbrite, you will receive an automatic confirmation email containing further information for the webinar. The webinar is held via Zoom. We will send you a link to join the webinar 2 hours prior and another reminder 15 minutes prior to the webinar so please check your email inbox.
If other members of the same household would like to watch the webinar on a different device than you, they will need to get their own ticket.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our library webinar FAQ's page for answers to the most common questions about joining our webinars and further details on how to join.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the webinar are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video. All copyright is held by Randwick City Library.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.