Wed 18 Sep 2019 - Wed 18 Sep 2019
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
“Like all great works, the Sydney Opera House arouses great passions.” - Helen Pitt on writing The House. Come and spend an evening with Helen Pitt as she tells us about the history and some of the stories about the people behind the magnificent white sails of the Sydney Opera House.
- This is a free event. Online bookings essential.
- More Information
- Books will be available for purchase. BYO reusable cups to help prevent waste and protect the environment. For more information please call 9093 6400.
Helen Pitt is a Sydney Morning Herald journalist who has worked as the opinion and letters editor since 1986. She has worked as a writer for The Bulletin magazine, in California for The New York Times Digital, and as a television reporter at Euronews in France. Her feature writing has won the Austcare Media award and been highly commended in the UN Media Peace Prize.
Terms and conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.