Wed 21 Aug 2019 - Wed 21 Aug 2019
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Randwick
- Level 1, Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, Belmore Road, Randwick
Join us for an evening with local author Cassie Hamer as she discussed the inspiration behind her hilarious, touching bestselling and highly borrowed debut novel and why she decided to move on from a successful career in journalism to write fiction.
- This is a free event. Bookings essential online.
- More Information
- Books will be available for purchase. BYO reusable cup to help reduce waste and protect the environment.
For more information call 9093 6400
In After The Party, an unexpected turn of events after a little girl's fifth birthday party, pitches her mother into an unexpected series of events, both hilarious and life changing. Liane Moriarty meets Marian Keyes with a touch of Christos Tsiolkas's The Slap in this hilarious, touching and clever novel that asks 'what wouldn't you do to save a child?'
Cassie Hamer has a professional background in journalism and PR, but now much prefers the world of fiction over fact. In 2015 she completed a masters in Creative Writing, and has since achieved success in numerous short story competitions. Cassie lives in Sydney with her terrific husband and three, mostly terrific daughters, who still believe piñatas are a fun and effective method of lolly distribution.
Terms and conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.