Thu 22 Apr 2021 - Thu 22 Apr 2021
3.30 pm - 4.30 pm
- Live online event
Join us online for this special Seniors Festival edition of Talking Tech as we uncover the most common scams, including the latest tax and Medicare scams, give valuable tips on how to spot scams, what to do (or not to do) and where to go for help. Presented by eSafety in collaboration with Randwick City Library, Woollahra Libraries and Waverley Library.
- This is a free live online event.
- Bookings essential online. REGISTRATION LINK: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/561736505031305741
- More Information
- The online event is mainly for seniors but open to everyone. However, it is not suitable for those under 18 years of age.
Australians aged 55 and over lost over $50 million to online scammers in 2019. So it’s important to remember that even though the internet is a wonderful place to explore and connect with others, it pays to be savvy. (*Source: Scamwatch, 2020. https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/about-scamwatch/scam-statistics)
This special Seniors Festival edition of Talking Tech will be presented by Greg Gebhart from eSafety in collaboration with Randwick City Library, Woollahra Libraries and Waverley Library.
Please register to attend the event by following this link https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/561736505031305741
Terms and conditions:
- The event is mainly for seniors but is open to everyone to attend. However, it is not suitable for those under the age of 18.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.