Thu 28 Oct 2021 - Thu 28 Oct 2021
3.30 pm - 4.30 pm
- Live online event held via Zoom
Accessibility features help you customise your devices for your individual needs. Learn how you can benefit from the built-in accessibility options on computers, mobile phones, tablets and smart home devices.
Living in the 21st century means we have access to technology that assists sight or hearing impaired and mobility challenged people with living more independent lives. This technology can also assist people of all ages through voice activation, enabling us to talk to our devices rather than typing on a keyboard.
Join us as we explore some built-in accessibility features on our smartphones, tablets, computers and smart home devices to make everyone’s life that much easier.
Attendees are encouraged to participate in a Q&A session towards the end of the talk.
Registration and joining details:
To join the talk, attendees need to:
- Have access to a computer, tablet/iPad, or smartphone, as well as a reasonably reliable internet connection.
- Have basic computer skills (we will not be able to provide technical support during the talk).
- Have an email address for receiving the invitation link before the event starts.
Once you have registered, you will receive an automatic confirmation email containing further information for the event. We will send you a link to join the event 2 hours prior and another reminder 15 minutes prior to the event so please check your email inbox.
If other members of the same household would like to watch the event on a different device than you, they will need to get their own ticket.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our library online events FAQ's page for answers to the most common questions about joining our online events and further details on how to join.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online or at any library branch.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the webinar are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video. All copyright is held by Randwick City Library.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.