Sun 22 May 2022 - Sun 22 May 2022
4.30 pm - 5.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Level 1 Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, 73 Belmore Rd, Randwick
Join award-winning and international bestseller Astrid Scholte as she discusses her highly anticipated thrilling page-turner League of Liars with Will Kostakis.
- Online booking essential
- More Information
- This is a Sydney Writers' Festival satellite event. For more information contact 9093 6400,
Four teenagers charged with the illegal use of magic get together to devise the ultimate jailbreak. A thrilling YA fantasy novel full of twists and turns. From the bestselling author of Four Dead Queens comes a heart-pounding mystery rife with secrets and danger, where nothing is as it seems. Raised on a diet of Spielberg, Lucas and Disney, Astrid Scholte always knew she wanted to be surrounded by all things fantastical. Join the award-winning, international bestselling Astrid as she discusses her highly anticipated thrilling page-turner League of Liars.
Astrid Scholte is the internationally bestselling and award-winning author of Four Dead Queens, now published in fifteen countries. She’s spent the past fifteen years working in film, animation and television as both an artist and manager with career highlights including working on James Cameron’s Avatar, Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures of Tintin and Disney’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. The Vanishing Deep was released 2020, and her newest book, League of Liars, is out now.
Will Kostakis has written everything, from tweets for professional wrestlers to celebrity gossip stories that score cease and desist letters. That said he's best known for his award-winning YA novels including The First Third, The Sidekicks and the Monuments duology.
League of Liars will be available for purchase following the event.
This is a Sydney Writers' Festival event.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited. This event is supporting the Sydney Writers' Festival.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please attend the event at 4:15pm to allow the event to run on time.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.