Thu 19 May 2022 - Thu 19 May 2022
6.30 pm - 8 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Level 1 Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, 73 Belmore Rd, Randwick
Award-winning writer, actor and director Brendan Cowell discusses his second novel Plum, a moving, angry and joyous novel of men, their inarticulate pain and what it takes for them to save themselves.
- Online booking essential
- More Information
- Supporting the Sydney Writers' Festival.
Award-winning writer, actor and director Brendan Cowell discusses his second novel, Plum, a moving, angry and joyous novel of men, their inarticulate pain and what it takes for them to save themselves.
Peter ‘The Plum’ Lum, a former star NRL player, discovers he has a brain disorder as a result of the thousand-odd head knocks he took in his 20-year career. Plum has to make some changes – right now – or it’s dementia, or even death. He embarks on a journey of self-care and self-discovery, which is not easy when all you’ve ever known is to go full tilt at everything.
Plum will be available for purchase following the event. Reserve a library copy here.
Cost: $10, includes pre-event wine and cheese.
About the facilitator, Andy Muir
Award nominated screenwriter and story researcher for the hugely successful Underbelly franchise, Andy Muir was nominated for a Ned Kelly for his debut crime fiction Something for Nothing (Affirm Press, 2017). The follow up Hiding to Nothing (Affirm Press, 2019) continues the misadventures of anti hero Lachie Munro. Currently co-host of the BAD Sydney: All about Crime podcast, Andy brings a storyteller’s curiosity to his festival interviews and events.
This is a Sydney Writers' Festival event and will be hosted by Randwick City Library.
Terms and conditions:
- Covid-19 Safety Terms and Conditions apply. Follow this link to find out more. Please review them prior to attending this event as these may change with short notice.
- Bookings and prepayment are essential and spaces are limited. Ticket includes glass of wine with nibbles.
- Refund Policy: We understand that it can be difficult to plan ahead in these unprecedented times and that things can happen. For tickets purchased directly via Eventbrite, cancellations up to 1 day before the course start date will receive a full refund. After that, cancellations cannot be refunded. Only tickets purchased directly via Eventbrite are eligible to receive a refund.
- If you are unable to attend the course, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate.
- The ticket is not transferable.
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.