Wed 24 Oct 2018 - Wed 24 Oct 2018
5 pm - 6 pm
- Lionel Bowen Library, Maroubra
- 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra
Making the jump from primary school to high school can be daunting. You go from being the king of the jungle to starting over again.
- This free event is suitable for children in school year 6 and their parents.
- More Information
- Enquiries: 9093 6400
Not only is it a different social environment, the pace and style of teaching can be very different.
In this presentation, Jesse Whelan from Sandbox Learning Australia will outline the mindsets and attitudes to learning required to successfully make the transition, and how you can work with your children to develop them.
Terms and Conditions:
- SMILE! Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential. We are unable to accommodate participants who have not made a booking.
- This event is for school years 6 only.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must be a Library member to attend. Membership is free and you can sign up at any branch.
- If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the programme.
- Tickets are not transferable.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time to check in. This assists the programme to run on schedule.