Thu 12 Nov 2020 - Thu 12 Nov 2020
1 pm - 2 pm
- Zoom Webinar
Join this in conversation event to hear about Anthony Sharwood's incredible inspiring solo journey through Australian's toughest and most beautiful hiking trail.
- This is a free live online event.
- Online bookings essential. Space is limited.
- More Information
- The online event is open to everyone subject to the terms and conditions listed below.
We will delve into Anthony's 500 kilometre solo trek through the iconic Australian Alps during the hellish, fiery summer of 2019/2020.
Anthony Sharwood is a Walkley Award-winning journalist specialising in sports, the outdoors, weather and climate. He has spent the last 10 years as a writer and editor on leading Australian news websites, and has also presented television shows, radio programs and a podcast.
A skier, hiker and lifelong lover of Australia's High Country, Anthony’s brain was pretty much fried after a decade of digital journalism. The Australian Alps Walking Track was a chance to escape, to cleanse, to reset.
Anthony lives with his wife and two teenagers in a Sydney suburb nobody has ever heard of.
Reserve and read From Snow to Ash with your Randwick City Library membership.
Purchase a copy of From Snow to Ash from independent bookstore Constant Reader
Registration and joining details:
Once you have registered via Eventbrite, you will receive an automatic confirmation email containing further information for the webinar. The webinar is held via Zoom. We will send you a link to join the webinar 2 hours prior and another reminder 15 minutes prior to the webinar so please check your email inbox.
If other members of the same household would like to watch the webinar on a different device than you, they will need to get their own ticket.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our library webinar FAQ's page for answers to the most common questions about joining our webinars and further details on how to join.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the webinar are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video. All copyright is held by Randwick City Library.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.