Author Talk: Libby Hathorn and Elizabeth Cummings present "Coastal Poetry"
Wed 22 Feb 2023 - Wed 22 Feb 2023
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Level 1 Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, 73 Belmore Rd, Randwick
Eastern suburbs writers, Libby Hathorn and Elizabeth Cummings will give insight into their journey of resilience during the pandemic. They immersed themselves in the amazing beaches and boardwalks from Yarra Bay to Watson’s Bay. Both the solace and the power of nature and our environment resulted in this unique collection, "Coastal Poetry". The collection with its moody photographs contains more than 70 poems in praise of Sydney beaches and boardwalks.
- Online booking essential.
- More Information
- Light catering will be provided from 6.00pm, the event will start at 6.30pm.
They will discuss the process of writing, editing, designing, printing and publishing this unusual work.
Libby Hathorn is a prolific writer, poet and librettist. She has received many awards over her long career, most recently the ABIA, Pixie O’Harris Award, 2022 and the Lady Cutler Award 2021, for services to children’s literature. She and her daughter Lisa, won the CBCA Picture Book of the Year Award, Younger Readers, 2021 for No! Never! (Hachette). She lives and works in Sydney. libbyhathorn.com
Coogee based, Elizabeth was born in England grew up in Scotland. Having spent many years teaching in the UK and New Zealand, Elizabeth now works in the mental health sector. In 2015, she won the South Coast Writers Prize for a poem on gender identity. In 2022, Elizabeth’s mental health narratives were translated into a Lithuanian language puppet play by the Kaunas State Puppet theatre. elizabethmarycummings.com
- Covid-19 Safety Terms and Conditions apply. Follow this link to find out more. Please review them prior to attending this event as these may change with short notice.
- Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend the course, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate.
- The ticket is not transferable.
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Please arrive from 6pm to enjoy some light catering and allow the event to run on time from 6.30pm.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.