Wed 27 Jul 2022 - Wed 27 Jul 2022
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Margaret Martin Library, Level 1 Royal Randwick Shopping Centre, 73 Belmore Rd, Randwick
Join Geraldine and Anita as they discuss Geraldine’s novel Shee-Oak—a road trip to redemption set in outback Australia.
- Online booking essential.
- More Information
- Light catering will be provided from 6pm, the event will start at 6.30pm.
Shee-Oak is a modern adventure novel. Two women looking for love forge a fraught intergenerational bond as they travel across the drought-stricken Hay Plain to Adelaide. Fireworks abound and they must overcome addictions as they take the rocky road to transformation and redemption.
Geraldine Star is a writer’s group enthusiast, and, as an educator, she continues to write, coach and mentor. She lives and works in seaside Sydney and draws on her experience of growing up on a farm between Griffith and Hay in Wiradyuri country.
Dr Anita Heiss is the author of non-fiction, historical fiction, commercial women’s fiction, poetry, social commentary and travel articles. She is a regular guest at writers’ festivals and travels internationally performing her work and lecturing on aboriginal literature. She is a lifetime ambassador of the Aboriginal and Indigenous Literacy Foundation and a proud member of the Wiradjuri nation of Central NSW. She has recently won the 2022 NSW Premier’s Literary Awards Indigenous Writers’ Prize and has been appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant services to tertiary Indigenous studies, and to the Arts.
- Covid-19 Safety Terms and Conditions apply. Follow this link to find out more. Please review them prior to attending this event as these may change with short notice.
- Bookings are essential as spaces are limited.
- If you are unable to attend the course, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate.
- The ticket is not transferable.
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Please arrive from 6pm to enjoy some light catering and allow the event to run on time from 6.30pm.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.