Fri 1 Oct 2021 - Fri 1 Oct 2021
6.30 pm - 7.30 pm
- Live webinar with Zoom.
Charlotte Wood will discuss her new book, The Luminous Solution: Creativity, Resilience and the Inner Life
About this event
Join award-winning author Charlotte wood in conversation with Michaela Kalowski as they discuss Charlotte's latest book 'The Luminous Solution'.
In this essential, illuminating book, award-winning writer Charlotte Wood shares the insights she has gained over a career paying close attention to her own mind, to the world around her and to the way she and others work.
Drawing on research and decades of observant conversation and immersive reading, Charlotte shares what artists can teach the rest of us about inspiration and hard work, how to pursue truth in art and life, and to find courage during the difficult times: facing down what we fear and keeping going when things seem hopeless.
This event is in collaboration with Woollahra Libraries.
Numbers are limited for this free virtual event and bookings are essential.
About the Author:
Charlotte Wood is the author of six novels and two books of non-fiction. Her international bestseller The Weekend, was the ABIA Literary Fiction Book of the Year 2020 and shortlisted for the Stella Prize, the Prime Minister’s Literary Award, the ALS Gold Medal and the Christina Stead Prize for Fiction.
Registration and joining details:
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our library webinar FAQ's page for answers to the most common questions about joining our webinars and further details on how to join.
Terms and conditions:
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however library membership is free and you can join online.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited. This event is being delivered and supported by NSW Public Libraries Events.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the webinar are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council's websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.