Monday Makers: The Egg Drop Challenge (for ages 12-18)
Mon 20 Mar 2023 - Mon 20 Mar 2023
4 pm - 6 pm
- Lionel Bowen Library
- 669-673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra
Don't scramble the egg! Are you ready for this week's Monday Makers challenge? For those aged 12-18 years.
This session is part of our weekly Monday Makers series of events. In this classic engineering challenge, we’re going to design and build structures that will keep our eggs safe from getting scrambled. Note: if you’re worried about the mess, you can boil the eggs beforehand. For vegans and all others who don't use eggs, you can use a water balloon, lightbulb or glass bottle (if it is safe to do so).
Terms and conditions:
- This event is for those aged 12-18 years.
- You don't need to be Library member to attend this event, however Library membership is free and you can join online today or at any branch during opening hours.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited. We are unable to accommodate participants who have not made a booking.
- Please review Randwick City Library's Covid Safe Terms and Conditions prior to attending as these may change with short notice.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Tickets are not transferable. If you are unable to attend please cancel your tickets as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.